2014년 6월 18일 수요일

고 이기억 박사님께 드리는 조사 - 정호

Eulogy by Howard Ho Chung

Dear my beloved Professor Lee.

With a greatest sorrow and regret I received an email from my wife and KSEA regarding your passing.  I have a fond memory of you, your wife, your five daughters and their families that I have always cherished as my closest beyond my own family.

I must confess you that you are the most influential person in my life...a role model, a fatherly figure, and a very close senior friend.

Thank you very much Professor Lee for your trust in me, continued guidance, and more than anything else, your unfailing love of me in all those 40 years.
However, I feel terrible and helpless that I cannot travel to Milwaukee from Korea and I am not at your bedside to pay a tribute to your success in life and entering into the eternal world of heaven.

It has been a long 40 years of closeness since I came to Chicago in May 1974 from my school in Boston.  For those four decades you have provided me with many guidance for my career and invaluable advices for my personal wellbeing.  I always sensed your care and felt genuine love from you and your wife.

Yes, there were very difficult time and challenges in my career at Argonne, on leading KSEA and running the alumni association, on managing my personal life and on raising my four daughters. Having you on my side I could not afford to give up, but stood up and marched with hope and winning mind.  With that I could be able to reach where I am.
Thank you Professor Lee for everything.
I Love You
and we are going to miss you very much.

Your contributions to science and technology, dedication to the human society, kind and warm personality, novelty, conscience and enthusiasm will remain in my and many friends' mind for long, long time.

Dear our beloved Professor Lee,
Please rest in peace until we will meet again.

With deepest sorrow and utmost respect,

Prof. Howard Ho Chung
KAIST
Daejeon, Korea

댓글 없음: